Thursday, January 7, 2010

i'm turning into my mother ...

hola!

here are pics of my "apartment" when I first arrived. Notice red is the beautiful accent color haha.

after these pics is a short video tour after I redecorated. Redecorating made me feel like my mother, who, even on a 2 week vacation brings her own slip covers, rearranges the furniture, brings her own pots/pans/iron etc even though they are all provided because even when on vacation, she desires the comforts of home. I know understand her point of view. At first the room was cold and lonely but I've spruced it up with what I can find at the store called AlCampo ... it's like a walmart -- clothing, food, homegoods etc. therefore nothing is of the best quality but you can find what you need and find it for cheap so you dont feel so bad getting rid of it in 4 months. Therefore nothing in my room matches but at least now my room has a little life! I even bought myself new cooking tools because the ones provided were really in a sad state.

also, for you wine lovers out there, you can find vino for only about 1.50 euro, and it's pretty good!

view from hallway, the bathroom is to the right (not sure why this underlined, i cant get it to stop though!)


you can see the shower in the mirror's reflection.

view from just inside front door

my "kitchen" 2 burners, 1 small fridge underneath.


the top half of my "kitchen"



my bed slash couch

----
VIDEO (it wouldnt work uploading it here so i put it on youtube.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKIdhxh1hjU


VIDEO: things to note:
1. my front door does not open all the way
2. the flusher for the toilet is on top, making it impossible to have any counter space
3. the shower, although small has AMAZING water pressure
4. please excuse the pile of trash ontop of my folding kitchen chair, we havent yet located any dumpsters
5. no, that is not a table cloth, that is a dish towel ... just to give you a reference for size
6. and yes, i did move the bookshelf in front of the window because it made me feel safer since i'm living on the 1st flood haha
7. those sheets cost me 5.99 mmmm comfortable! haha



all in all, it now feels much more like a home and not a cold, small apartment. I'm glad i went to the store to buy things and tomorrow my friends in homestays are coming over to see how our half lives! tomorrow is my first full day of classes, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment