Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Futbol!


The most comfortable chairs I've ever had the pleasure of putting my arse on, ( and probably ever will) are bright blue, perfectly ergonomically correct, outdoors and oh ... cost tens of thousands of dollars per chair. Think you can find these in the royal palace? think again. you find these on the sideline of Bernabeu stadium -- the arena that hosts the royal spanish soccer team, the team with the best track record in the entire world, Real Madrid!

This past weekend we toured the stadium of the Real Madrid soccer team ... remember, real = royal in spanish. What I learned was that Real Madrid is a full club that also houses basketball, tennis, track and numerous other sports teams as well. Seeing so much soccer memorabilia in one day made me pretty sad -- I realized I really miss playing! I'd play in Spain but I'd rather not make a commitment to something -- I'm trying to live less scheduled and more spontaneously while I'm over here -- I didn't even bring a daily agenda book which is a shock if you know how much I love a good plan to start my day! Also check out the hair cut/color -- not bad for not knowing any hair terminology -- although I thought I asked for long layers, apparently I asked for a big cut -- oh well, live and learn!

one of their trophies looks like a boat!
the best players in the world do not shower together, they each get personal, massaging showers. what's not shown is the whirlpool tub right in front of this!
one of the many walls of the trophy room.
old school goalie gloves and ball.
the gloves of Casillas, the current goalie and best goaltender in the world.
old school uniform.

gahhh what a beauty!
me and the team!







No comments:

Post a Comment