Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Su Ordenador es de mierda!


translation: "your computer is sh**!"



who said this? not me! but the very kind Dell Technician who came to fix one of my many computer problems. If I havent called, emailed or facebooked you in a while, I apologize. my computer has been playing lots of tricks on me including not letting me add photos, not recognizing when my camera is plugged in, not playing sound out of my speakers, not allowing me to use the mouse, not recognizing if I plug in an external mouse, muting my microphone without a command to do so, not allowing my itunes to function, and the list goes on and on.

The dell technician came and installed a new mother board -- however that only fixed the worst problem -- my computer blue screening and shutting down once about every three hours. he cannot fix the software problems but mutltiple phone calls and countless hours on the phone with microsoft have fixed a few.

so, apologies that I haven't blogged in a while. however today my computer is in a good mood and thus far has allowed me to add pictures so look out for some new blog posts!

however i would like to go ahead and give myself a pat on the back for communicating with the Dell technician. Don't forget that I'm in Spain and therefore the computer nerds here speak only Spanish. he knew some french, and only simple american phrases. I know enough Spanish to get by, but I know nothing about how to translate computer vocabulary. Luckily he was able to understand me enough to tell me that my fan belt was full of lint! apparently you are supposed to spray compressed air into your vents (WHEN THE COMPUTER IS OFF!) every 1-2 months. if not, your computer fan will not function properly and your computer will overheat and shut down frequently -- in the 3 years I've had this computer I've never once cleaned the fan! well, at least I targeted one of the problems!

love,
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment